ENTRY AND HEALTH REGULATIONS
Visitors must be in possession of a valid visa (if applicable in your nationality) together with relevant health documentation upon arrival in both Kenya and Tanzania or may purchase a visa at the airport upon arrival. Different regulations do apply according to nationalities and countries of origin. It is recommended that all perspective visitors check with the nearest tourist office or diplomatic mission before any travel details are made. Medical centers in your country of origin will provide the necessary professional medical advice on all relevant health requirements.
CUSTOMS, ENTRY AND EXIT REGULATIONS
Generally, personal effects such as cameras, laptops, computers and films may be imported temporarily free of duty in Kenya and Tanzania. However a customs bond may be required for professional video equipment, sound recording instruments, radio communications equipment, musical instruments and souvenirs from other countries. This is to ensure that goods can be re-exported. Firearms need a special permit, which must be obtained well in advance. Excess baggage is strictly monitored by all airlines and charges for excess weight can be very high. Expect customs officials to inspect baggage on arrival and departures.
TOUR COSTS INCLUDE:
- The tour cost includes all the details listed within this tariff.
- Accommodation – in first-class game lodges and tented camps.
- Meals – on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) whilst on safari each day except in main towns where the meal plan is specified in the tour outline.
- Collection/transfers – most tours start and end with the collection from and return to any centrally located hotel. Where air transportation is required and part of the itinerary, transfer services between hotels and airport are included.
- Transportation by road – Âindividual seats in safari minibuses or 4×4 vehicles.
- Transportation by air – based upon scheduled internal air services and all known costs are inclusive. For services in single or multi engine aircraft, costs are inclusive of air fares, domestic airport departure taxes and service charges.
- Guides – Services of qualified driver/guides. All driver/guides are certified through the Kenya Professional Safari Guide Association (KPSGA).
- Taxes and Fees – All government taxes such as hotel levies and services charges. Entrance fees to national park, reserves, sanctuaries and museums.
TOUR COSTS EXCLUDE:
Tour costs excludes portage, gratuities to driver/guides, game rangers, local guides or incidental tips to hotel/lodge staff, bar and waiting staffs. All items of personal nature such as laundry and drinks. Airport arrival and departure transfers and any optional excursions not indicated in your itinerary.
Visitors to the region should take the same care as they would normally while visiting any other destination worldwide. By keeping vigilant, visitors can reduce the risk of incident. We do advise our clients not to take expensive jewelries on holiday with them and to watch hand bags, wallets and cameras when walking in crowed places. Walking at night in unlit areas is not advisable. We strongly recommend that all our visitors utilize safety deposit boxes when and where they are available for one's peace of mind.
Currency control regulations prohibit the export of local currency. There are no restrictions however on the amount of foreign currency a visitor may import. Only authorized foreign exchange bureaus and banks are permitted to transact foreign exchange.
We endeavor, wherever possible, to meet any special needs that our clients may have. Most hotels, camps and lodges within the region are prepared (given sufficient notice) to cater to special dietary requirements. For persons who are disabled in any way, we will do our utmost to cater to whatever needs may apply. We do require notice of any requirements, so please ensure that we are made aware at the time of booking.
We recognize that many of our travelers may wish to take their safari or enjoy their beach resort in an atmosphere of complete privacy and anonymity. If you require a special privacy arrangement, please advise us well in advance. Thereafter we can assure that the appropriate privacy and protection measures will be put in place.